ADSM-L

Backing up an HP NAS b2000 server

2004-02-20 21:10:32
Subject: Backing up an HP NAS b2000 server
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:09:56 -0500
TSM server 5.2.2.0 on WIndows 2000
TSM Client 5.1.6.5 on the "special" WIndows 2000 HP NAS b2000 fileserver.

Looking at the My Computer, there is a local drive C: and D:, but when the
TSM client ran with ALL-LOCAL it only backed up the C: drive.

And trying to install the 5.2.2.0 client didn't work. IT went all the way
through the install screens,a nd when I clicked the Install button I
immediately got the message that the install encountered an error and
failed. Looking in event log it shows the the MSI installer had an error. I
backed off and installed the 5.1.6.5 client and that worked.

Is there something special that needs to be done to backup this type of
server??

Bill Boyer
"Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield." - ??