ADSM-L

problems with TSM 5.1 and Windows NT Server Ent Cluster

2004-02-20 14:33:29
Subject: problems with TSM 5.1 and Windows NT Server Ent Cluster
From: Rogelio Bazán Reyes <rogbazan AT SANTANDER.COM DOT MX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:16:26 -0600
Hi,
i have a MS Cluster environment. I want to configure TSM 5.1 to backup a clustergroup.
1. i installed tsm ba 5.1 client for windows.
2. i configured tsm on each cluster-node (sfeaplic1 and sfeaplic2) as a simple tsm windows client. 3. i configured tsm, according to the appendix F of the TSM Documentation, for a clustergroup called sfealante. My options file is located in the drive G:\tsm\dsm.opt. E, F, G, H and I are the drives owned by sfealante clustergroup. my options file looks like this:
clusternode    yes
nodename    sfealante
PASSWORDACCESS    GENERATE
domain e: f: g: h: i:
exclude j:\*
exclude k:\*
exclude l:\*
exclude m:\*
exclude n:\*
exclude o:\*
exclude p:\*
exclude q:\*
TCPSERVERADDRESS    afosmbcp.mx.bsch

Include "e:\...\*" POLITICA2
Include "f:\...\*" POLITICA2
Include "g:\...\*" POLITICA2
Include "h:\...\*" POLITICA2
Include "i:\...\*" POLITICA2

ERRORLOGNAME    "g:\TSM\dsmerror.log"
SCHEDLOGNAME    "g:\TSM\dsmsched.log"

ERRORLOGRETENTION    7 D
COMPRESSION    YES
SCHEDLOGRETENTION    7 D

HTTPPORT    1583
*At the Desktop i create an shortcut to tsm with the target: "C:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.exe" -optfile:"g:\tsm\dsm.opt" When i launch tsm via the shotcut and select the files o folders i wanna backup, appears a Dr. Watson Error that says: *An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated.
dsm.exe
Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address: 0x78001562*

When i access the clustergroup via http (http://sfealante:1583) i can´t see the drives owned by the clustergroup sfealante, i just see the c: and d: drives of the clusternode where sfealante is running.

Please Help me!!!!!

*Note: All this proccess was done with a cluster environment on Windows
2K Advanced Server.
                              *

--
Rogelio Bazán Reyes