ADSM-L

scheduled command

2004-02-20 11:03:06
Subject: scheduled command
From: "Levi, Ralph" <RLevi AT HESS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:01:25 -0500
I have some application commands that must be run before backing up a
client (w2k server) and it's DB.  I run this out off a .bat script that
I execute through the tsm backup schedule.  The normal commands to
shutdown the db, the dsmc backup command and the db startup work just
fine in the script.  I also copy some files from 1 directory to another
on the same client.  Again, no problem.  But now I am trying to copy a
file from this client to my exchange server to email me a log.
Executing the command natively on the client works fine but when
incorporated in the cmd script it just doesn't happen.  I don't get any
tsm error message either.  Here is the command I am running.

copy c:\Logs\DBLog.txt \\mailserver1\e$"\Program <\\mailserver1\e$>
Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\testoutput.txt"

Does anyone have an idea or do something like this ?

Thanks,

Ralph