ADSM-L

Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?

2004-02-19 17:32:36
Subject: Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:16:53 -0500
according to the aix tsm server performance manual it states that it rlv's
may buy you performance in client backup and restore operations but not in
server data movement operations such as migration.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix/TSM Systems Administrator (Sungard Availability Services)
Desk: (856) 566 - 3485
Cell:    (856) 912 - 0861
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com

|         |           Paul Ripke       |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           IX.NET>          |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:  |
|         |           Dist Stor        |
|         |           Manager"         |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           .EDU>            |
|         |           02/19/2004 05:24 |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|         |           Manager"         |

On Friday, Feb 20, 2004, at 06:36 Australia/Sydney, Amar Vi wrote:

> AIX Raw volume is having problems for migration or doing copy for
> offsite.

Amar,

OK, I'm curious - what problems?

Cheers,