ADSM-L

Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?

2004-02-19 14:04:31
Subject: Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:48:44 -0500
still takes over an hour for 60 gig and still pushes 16 to 17 gig a minute
as seen via topas. thanks:

02/19/04   12:01:06  ANR0984I Process 5 for DEFINE VOLUME started in the
                      BACKGROUND at 12:01:06.
02/19/04   13:03:47  ANR2206I Volume /tsmdata9/vol4-60.dsm defined in
storage
                      pool SES.DISK1 (device class DISK).
02/19/04   13:03:47  ANR0986I Process 5 for DEFINE VOLUME running in the
                      BACKGROUND processed 1 items for a total of
                      62,914,560,000 bytes with a completion state of
SUCCESS

Anymore suggestions?. Thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Email: justin.bleistein AT sungard DOT com

|         |           Orville Lantto     |
|         |           <orville.lantto@DAT|
|         |           ATREND.COM>        |
|         |           Sent by: "ADSM:    |
|         |           Dist Stor Manager" |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           DU>                |
|         |           02/19/2004 11:49 AM|
|         |           Please respond to  |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor   |
|         |           Manager"           |

  |       To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                        |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Dsmfmt on cx600 any thoughts?

Use AIX raw volumes.

Orville L. Lantto
Datatrend Technologies, Inc.  (http://www.datatrend.com)
IBM Premier Business Partner
121 Cheshire Lane, Suite 700
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Email: Orville.Lantto AT datatrend DOT com

and privileged information. Any  unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.

Karel Bos <Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT COM>
02/19/2004 10:45 AM