ADSM-L

Re: Wrong end of tape error

2004-02-19 05:04:56
Subject: Re: Wrong end of tape error
From: Andreas Kasenides <Andreas.Kasenides AT CS.UCY.AC DOT CY>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:04:04 +0200
Thanks to everybody that replied to my message. Your comments got me
looking and yes what
Yury says below is true.
If reclamation is part of the whole process it seems that it gets the
tapes badly fragmented (actually
expiration gets the tape fragmented but with reclamations all sorts of
files are moved to the tape and is
very easily fragmented by expiration - did I get that right?)
so that a utilization of 30% does not mean anything. The working tape
was actually full, the system was
trying to move forward to another tape but that was bad due to a bad
label and the it came up with:

02/18/04 03:15:35  ANR1025W Migration process 32 terminated for storage pool

                   BACKUPPOOL - insufficient space in subordinate storage pool.

I believe that the wording of "Pct Util" AND "Status Filling" should be
changed so that it more accurately replects the volume state which is actually
"Full"

Thanks for the Help.
Andreas

Yury Us wrote:

I have the same problem. But I had Reclamation Threshold 100%. So even thought
the most tapes shows utilization 25 - 30 % the tapes are full. I think that is
a reason.