ADSM-L

USEREXIT for UNIX

2004-02-18 06:59:52
Subject: USEREXIT for UNIX
From: Bruce Mitchell <Bruce.Mitchell AT BARCLAYSCAPITAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:44:28 -0000
All,
        I'm no C guru, so I was wondering if anyone had some source code
where the USEREXIT will write directly to the UNIX syslog via the 'logger'
call..

I've seen Bill Mansfield's example that writes to an output file, and
thought about FILEEXIT, but site standards dictate that the UNIX syslog must
be the repository for all event messages.

The Wintel world is catered for with NTEVENTLOG and a wrapper that sorts
through the output to site standards.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

Environment is (will be) Solaris 2.8 runinng TSM V5.2.xx

Bruce Mitchell
Storage Management (AABR Project)
Barclays Capital
Canary Wharf, London
* +44 (020) 7773 4010
* bruce.mitchell AT barcap DOT com

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.