ADSM-L

Re: Backing up Windows2000 data via TSM

2004-02-16 18:22:37
Subject: Re: Backing up Windows2000 data via TSM
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:59:39 +0100
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:59:23 +0200
Nicolas Savva <NSavva AT LAIKI DOT COM> wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> I have a request for backing up remotely a windows 2000 server via TSM.
>
> I would like to keep a backed up file for: 7 days (daily backup)
>                                                         :31 days (weekly
> backups)
>                                                         :365 days (monthly
> backups)
>                                                         :7 years (yearly
> backups)
>
> Any ideas how to implement the above?

buy some other product, TSM was not designed to do this....

> Thanks in advance
> N.Savva

> Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message and
> may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other
> than the intended recipient is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
> recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person),  you
> may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message (or any
> part of its contents) or take any action in reliance on it. In such case,
> you should destroy this message, and notify us immediately.
>
> If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
> e-mail or telephone and delete the e-mail from any computer. If you or your
> employer does not consent to internet e-mail messages of this kind, please
> notify us immediately.
>
> All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present
> in this e-mail. As we cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
> arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you
> subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.
>
> The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this
> electronic mail are not given or endorsed by Laiki Group unless otherwise
> indicated by an authorised representative independent of this message.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams