ADSM-L

SV: Bare Metal Restore Intel

2004-02-12 10:28:54
Subject: SV: Bare Metal Restore Intel
From: Christian Svensson <christian.svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:27:59 +0100
Hi Henrik / Hej Henrik!
Which concept are you using?
Are you using iTSM offical 3rd part software, CBMR who is developed by Cristie?
Or are you trieing to re-install Windows and then restore everything from your
lates iTSM backup?

If you use CBMR as BMR tool pls go to Cristie Swedish webpage and download the
Dissimilar hardware whitepaper and read how you go to diffrent hardware.

If you try to re-install your OS and replace all files and system object with
iTSM pls before you restore everything make a copy of your OS kernel and don't
forget to install the same service pack and patches level as original system
has.

/Christian Svensson
Cristie Nordic AB