ADSM-L

OUTLOOK 2003, .PST open, will it backup while open?, TSM 5.2?

2004-02-11 13:12:10
Subject: OUTLOOK 2003, .PST open, will it backup while open?, TSM 5.2?
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:11:44 -0500
Hello all,
    We had previosly been using a MS supplied patch that would close the
MS OUTLOOK .pst file in 2 minutes of inactivity.  That allowed us to
usually get a valid backup of a PC's .pst file during the day.   Well we
just upgraded to OUTLOOK 2003 and it appears it no longer works.  We now
get the improper message ANS4007E saying that the permissions are wrong
for the file or directory.   I am currently running TSM 5.1.8.1 on the
server and 5.1.5.2 on the clients.  In 2 days the clients will have
5.2.0.6 on them.   I remmber reading that with TSM 5.2 that there is an
improvement in backing up OPEN files.
   Does anyone know if the TSM 5.2 (server/client) combination is able
to successfully backup open .pst files from OUTLOOK 2003?

Thanks in Advance
Matt