ADSM-L

Re: Client for Windows NT 3.51

2004-02-10 13:33:27
Subject: Re: Client for Windows NT 3.51
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:32:57 -0500
Well, if you go really far back to ADSM vs TSM, I found this in the ADSM
3.1.2.50 readme:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/adsm/fixes/v3r1/ntsrv/

Software Requirements

  The ADSM Win32 Backup-Archive Client requires one of the following
operating systems:

  - Windows 95(**)
  - Windows 98(**)
  - Windows NT(**) 3.51 (SP5 is recommended)
  - Windows NT(**) 4.0 (SP3 or higher is recommended)

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/10/2004
12:29:18 PM:

> We have a server that is running Windows NT 3.51 and we are currently
> running the backups on it using Seagate Backup and would like to add it
into
> our TSM backups.  However we have not been able to find any
documentation on
> installing a client for Windows NT 3.51.  Does anyone know where we
could
> either find the documentation or what we need to do to get a client
working
> on this version of Windows?
>
> Tammy Schellenberg
> Systems Administrator, MCP
> Prospera Credit Union
> email: tschellenberg AT prosperacreditunion DOT ca
> DID: 604-864-6578
> Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.
>

> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
> addressed.
> If you are not the original recipient or the person responsible for
> delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have
> received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding,
> printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you
receive
> this email in error, please immediately notify the sender.
>
> Please note that this financial institution neither accepts nor
discloses
> confidential member account information via email. This includes
password
> related inquiries, financial transaction instructions and address
changes.