ADSM-L

Re: TDP SQL and TSM 5.2.0.3 client

2004-02-10 11:02:01
Subject: Re: TDP SQL and TSM 5.2.0.3 client
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:01:28 -0500
Matt,

I would uninstall both clients and re-install them.
Start with the base client, followed by the
Data Protection for SQL client. (You might consider
upgrading to Data Protection for SQL 5.2.1 since
that is the latest version.)

If the problem still occurs, check the DSIERROR.LOG file
to see if there is anything there. If you are still
having problems, the next step will be to gather a
trace to find out exactly where the failure is occurring.

If you are interested, there is a Problem Determination Guide
available now that gives you ideas on identifying problems
and gathering traces. There is a specific section for each
of the Data Protection clients as well as the BA client and server.
Here is the URL:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/TSMM/SC32-9103-00/en_US/HTML/index.html

This is most likely a corrupted installation/configuration issue.
Please call IBM support if you are not able to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Del