ADSM-L

Re: Configuration and Expansion questions

2004-02-09 14:15:10
Subject: Re: Configuration and Expansion questions
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:14:35 -0700
        A little stabbing here...

        You can actually have a host talk to the 3494 through a serial
port, it doesn't have to be Ethernet.

        We have an AIX/TSM server in a DMZ that we connect back to the
3494 so we can share the library without opening ports in the firewalls.
We have dedicated a few drives to this DMZ host, so we do not "Share"
the drives, but we do share the robot arm.

        The DMZ host has to be close to the library though, because of
the limited length of the serial cable.

Ben