ADSM-L

LTO1 and LTO2 drives in a 3584

2004-02-06 03:44:17
Subject: LTO1 and LTO2 drives in a 3584
From: Volker Reinen <Volker.Reinen AT COMPUTACENTER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:43:59 +0100
Moin Kevin,

This week we added two LTO2 drive into an Frame with four LTO1 Drives.
It works. We changes the devc in the way you describe it. In the LTO1
Devclass we changes also the parameter mountlimit to "numbers of LTO1 +
half of LTO2" => 5. So we have one LTO2 drive for LTO2 Media. The
recommodation from IBM is this formular or mounlimit = numbers of LTO1
because TSM uses for LTO1 Media the LTO1 Drives first.
We added a second devc with format=ultrium2c for stgpools with LTO2 Media.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Best regards

Volker Reinen

Enterprise Computing Solutions
CC CompuNet AG & Co. oHG
A part of Computacenter plc
Severinstrasse 42, 45127 Essen, Germany
Phone: +49-(0)201-2012-650, Fax: +49-(0)201-2012-217, Mobile:
+49-(0)173-3507643
E-Mail : Volker.Reinen AT computacenter DOT com
Visit us on the Internet: http://www.computacenter.com
Visit our Online-Shop: http://www.compunet.de/connect

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.