ADSM-L

Help on SAP filesystems

2004-02-06 03:36:47
Subject: Help on SAP filesystems
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:34:39 +0200
Hi to all

In my organization I have a SAP database to backup I do it with Sap Backint
TDP without any problem , my concern is about my File Systems (13 f.s) , in
particular the F.S:  /sapmnt with thousands of files changing every time.

I backup this station in a particular Stg Pool collocate with selective
command  e.g.:  s // /sapmnt/ /usr /home/ ………….
My backup copy group is in copy mode: absolute and copy serialization:
dynamic

My total F.S is 16 G ( 304,000 files) made today a restore test ( all the
data is on one cartridge) but the restore is so slow in particular /sapmnt

Did anyone can suggest how to improve this process…...  What recommendations
to apply , what to exclude …..

TSM Server on AIX    5.1.8
Sap Backint TDP        TDP R3 Aix
Client of Tsm for AIX  3.7.2