ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.2 performances on AIX 5.1

2004-02-05 12:48:05
Subject: Re: TSM 5.2 performances on AIX 5.1
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:47:20 -0600
Hi Madalina,

unfortunately no one is going to be to tune your servers through email. Your
issue is that AIX and TSM all have the default settings. I don't think anyone
should be surprised that is not optimal.

What you need to do is establish a perf and tuning methodology. Establish a
base line - which you might have already done. Make a change. Run the same test
and see what affect it had on the performance.

There are so many different combinations of tuning parameters that it would be
rare to find some one with an environment exactly like yours. Find a copy of
the AIX 5 perf and tuning guide and a TSM perf and tuning guide.

Miles

>>> mcozea AT CSB DOT RO 05-Feb-04 11:43:40 AM >>>
It was a kind of mixed i think (not very small files any way - exe & big DB
files), anyway ...for a single file 300MB it took 30 seconds. it seems a
poor performance to me.
The OS is in the state it came preinstalled , no patch added (right now i
cannot look for the ML), no params changed .
Same to TSM ...only installed on TSM
I hope u can recommend some patches or tuning for parameters (in OS or in
TSM) in order to improve the performances.
Thanks ,
Madalina