ADSM-L

Re: Netware upgrade to 6.5 and TSM client upgrade 5.2.2

2004-02-05 10:25:39
Subject: Re: Netware upgrade to 6.5 and TSM client upgrade 5.2.2
From: JOEL LOVELIEN <JLOVELIEN AT ALTRU DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:21:14 -0600
We are using Groupwise 5.5 and TSM client 5.1.5.  I don't have many problems
backing up the databases at all.  Our PO's run in client/server mode only.  The
only problems I have are with some of the temporary files bouncing around the
file system.  DSMERROR.LOG does not show any errors, and DSMSCHED.LOG shows the
files as NORMAL and SENT.

From: JOEL LOVELIEN [mailto:JLOVELIEN AT ALTRU DOT ORG]
We are running 6.0 and 5.2.2, but by the looks of things, these are just open
files that are held by the operating system.  A lot of them are log files.  The
ZenWorks stuff is something that you can probably exclude, at least those file
types in that directory (as I've done.  It's temporary stuff anyway.)  I'm
puzzled by the Groupwise stuff not backing up (wpdomain).  What version of
Groupwise are you on?

Groupwise has open files that are not normally accessable by TSM, unless you
use an open file manager like St. Bernard's OFM.