ADSM-L

Re: DRM QUESTION

2004-02-05 08:50:11
Subject: Re: DRM QUESTION
From: Stefan Gocke <Stefan.Gocke AT T-ONLINE DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:49:08 +0100
This is just a quick and dirty description:

Set up the second server to work on different TCP Ports. save the
primary servers DB on the second server. Have space for the db + log
for primary server available on the second server and use the
dsmserv.opt, dsmserv.dsk ... of the primary server to restore the
primary server onto the second server (dsmserv restore ...). Use
IP-Aliases to have the IP address of the primary server available on
the second servers NIC's.

I've done the whole process and tested it sucessfully at some of my
customers.

Stefan Gocke
Gocke IT Solutions
email: Stefan.Gocke AT t-online DOT de

--
Stefan Gocke

Gocke IT Solutions
Maurerweg 5
D-85649 Brunnthal, Germany
Tel: +49-(0)8102-897789   Fax: +49-(0)8102-897738
Mobile: +49-(0)172-6841213
e-mail: Stefan.Gocke AT t-online DOT de