ADSM-L

Re: collocation

2004-02-04 15:06:56
Subject: Re: collocation
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:06:35 -0500
The reclaim only reclaims tapes that have a specific % expired. It
doesn't pull in tapes that are only partially filled but have an expired
percentage below the percent specified.

So I'm not certain what your asking. Normally you just specify
something like

UPD STG XYZ RECLAIM=51 and at the next expire inventory those
candidates having 51% expired files are candidates for reclamation.

>>> leonard AT UKY DOT EDU 2/4/2004 2:49:31 PM >>>
I have a question regarding reclamation of tapes in a collocated pool.

In out non-collocated pools I simply set a threshold and let it go.

However, in the collocated pools you have many more partially filled
tapes that will be appended to later, and makes no sense to reclaim.
But there are also tapes that were full once, and now have holes.  How
does one reclaim them without wasting the time of reclaiming the
others?

Thanks!

leonard