ADSM-L

Re: What are the fastest migration times seen using 3592 drives ?

2004-02-04 10:21:24
Subject: Re: What are the fastest migration times seen using 3592 drives ?
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:20:47 -0600
We have been seeing 169GB per hour with the SAN based Storage Pools on the SAN
to the 3592 drives SAN attached in a (Fabricated Mode).  The HBA's are only
1GB, we may see higher throughput.  We let the tape drive handle compression.
We are seeing our Intel based data @ about a 1.5 to 3.0 Comp ration (400/500GB
per cart) we are seeing our Unix / Oracle Data averaging 3:1 to 8:1 (900 -
2,100GB) Not kidding...

Regards,

Charles