ADSM-L

Re: Backup DB to disk?

2004-02-02 10:42:28
Subject: Re: Backup DB to disk?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:42:01 -0500
Jack,

I have gotten that to work before,
But I haven't tried it at 4.3 on Win2K, so I can't say absolutely that it
will work:

Your TSM server is running as a service on your WIn2k machine.
The question is whether or not that service has enough Windows rights to
write on the disk belonging to another server.

What I had to do was change the properties of the TSM service to run under
an account that had network login rights.

Then create a TYPE=FILE device class that points to the other server's
drive.