ADSM-L

Re: Files bound to wrong mgtclass

2004-01-30 11:12:19
Subject: Re: Files bound to wrong mgtclass
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:11:53 -0800
Thanks for all the responses.  In my case, the problem is definitely restricted
to systemobjects.  (Although I'm going to add the DIRMC statments to prevent
problems in the future.)  If I put an "include.systemobject mgtclass" into the
optionset or into dsm.opt, is that going to override a "domain -systemobject"
statement?  Will it be honored by a scheduled "dsmc backup systemobject"
command?  My concern is that I had tons of performance problems when I was
trying to backup the systemobjects as part of my nightly incremental backup
runs, and I don't want to reintroduce that problem to fix another one.  I'd
like to keep the files and the systemobjects in separate processes if I can.

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO