ADSM-L

Re: TSM best practices manual?

2004-01-28 15:10:38
Subject: Re: TSM best practices manual?
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:10:08 -0600
One huge space saver for us was to create and apply a specific mgmt class for
Win2000 Sysobjects.  Each sys obj is approx 2-300mb that changes daily, and if
you have a couple hundred Win2k servers it adds up.

We created a mgmt class called SYSTEM_OBJECTS, then put a inclexcl on the
server side choosing the option to force the client option.

INCLEXCL 1 Yes     INCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECT ALL SYSTEM_OBJECTS

The SYSTEM_OBJECTS mgmt class only retains 10 active and 10 deleted versions.
Big save on tape and TSM DB size.

Every little bit helps

Charles