ADSM-L

Re: tsm media problem

2004-01-26 14:00:02
Subject: Re: tsm media problem
From: Etienne Brodeur <ebrodeur AT SERTI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:58:36 -0500
Can the tape be mounted?  If not au audit is not going to help much...

I prefer to run an audit with fix=no first to see what the problems are
before trying to fix them, bu that would take some time.  As for how long
it will take, it depends on the drive, connection, server, DB, log, data
on the tape in question and lots of other factors!  I would expect it to
take many hours if there are a lot of read errors.  (4+ hrs IMHO).
'
Etienne Brodeur

Roland Priest <Roland.Priest AT BISYS DOT COM>
01/26/2004 01:49 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: tsm media problem

you have to reply to this request in tsm on the lto library
do q req and look for the reply and do reply then # listed

Roland Priest
email roland.priest AT bisys DOT com
office 856-489-4255
office 1800-767-5822 ext.4255
Cell 856-296-6086

>>> Rachel.Smith AT IRL.XEROX DOT COM 01/26/04 12:26PM >>>
Hi,

Multiple media errors are occurring on Maxell ULTRIUM LTO's. I have tried
migrate and restore data from media with read/write errors and it fails
due
to hardware and media mount error.

Would the next step be to try and "audit vol ****** fix=yes"? If so, how
long would this run for?