ADSM-L

Re: TSM and EMC Centera

2004-01-23 11:36:19
Subject: Re: TSM and EMC Centera
From: John <jam_boston AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:20:55 -0500
Hey folks- I'm a bit fuzzy on this one--

So the net of this is that you can use the Centera for a TSM storage pool
and direct a client's data to the devclass? Why not just setup a cheap ATA
disk pool with RAID5 instead.....or am I missing something here?

It would be great if you could use TSM to provide DR copy services for the
Centera-- wherein the Centera itself would act like the TSM client, allowing
it's data to be copied into TSM and therefore managed for backup, archive,
etc....that would really bugger the EMC product marketing strategy, yet make
a lot of sense versus 'buying 2 for backup and DR'.

All feedback or clarifications will be much appreciated!

John