ADSM-L

Controlling license counts

2004-01-23 10:55:09
Subject: Controlling license counts
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:54:48 -0800
I've bumped into the limit on the number of clients and am looking for ways to
avoid purchasing more licenses until I have to.  I have some redundant servers
and have defined both as TSM clients but I only back one up; the other is
authorized to restore files that belong to its twin.  Is it possible in a Win2K
environment to start TSM client 2 up with the nodename of client 1 and restore
client 1's files without running afoul of Windows file permissions?

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
Columbia, MO