ADSM-L

Re: NDMP Backups : How do I do directory level backups

2004-01-23 03:27:18
Subject: Re: NDMP Backups : How do I do directory level backups
From: Yiannakis Vakis <yiannakis.vakis AT ITD.BANKOFCYPRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:30:34 +0200
Hi Matthew,
When we installed TSM with NDMP we had the same problem with our NetApp
filer.
It seems that NDMP as it is now doesn't support backup at qtree or share
level.
I asked both IBM and Network Appliance and a vague answer came back from
NetApp that they talked to IBM and soon (???) this feature will be included
in TSM NDMP.
I've heard nothing from IBM though.
The situation stands as it is. NDMP backs up at volume level only.
Yiannakis