ADSM-L

Re: 3583 Library Firmware upgrades

2004-01-20 17:47:18
Subject: Re: 3583 Library Firmware upgrades
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GLOBALCROSSING DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:44:46 +0000
Hot Diggety! Prather, Wanda was rumored to have written:

> You can go to www.storage.ibm.com <www.storage.ibm.com>  and download the
> latest 3583 or LTO firmware any time.
> But it doesn't tell me what's CHANGED in each level of firmware.

The local IBM CE usually is able to get something for me if I make a
request for it explaining the rationale behind it (change management,
planning upgrade, need to verify it's fixed known existing issues we've
seen, etc) and asking really nicely. ;)

He gets it via internal request to the tape storage people (IBM Tucson?)
and gets actual info via either internal email or internal web site, prints
it out, and sends it to me.

I sure do wish they'd post the change info on the web, too!

-Dan