ADSM-L

Re: dsm.opt domain backup order

2004-01-20 10:40:26
Subject: Re: dsm.opt domain backup order
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:40:04 -0500
>the dsm.opt on the client has two domain specifications: ALL-LOCAL and
>/Workspaces/blah (which is an nfs mount and having problems). I want to
>force the client to backup the ALL-LOCAL first, but no matter what I do,
>whatever order I list them in, the client ALWAYS tries to backup
>/Workspaces/blah first. How do I force it to run the ALL-LOCAL backup
>first? Nothing in the manual for "domain" talks about order.

For better or worse, an NFS-mounted file system is considered "local" and
so participates in the ALL-LOCAL: specifying that file system in addition
to ALL-LOCAL is redundant.  You'll have to invoke the backup with file
systems specified as you want, either via Domain or on the command line.
(Note that you can exclude a file system as:  Domain ALL-LOCAL -/NotThisFS
in 5.2 .)

  Richard Sims, BU