ADSM-L

Re: Another question about script

2004-01-20 10:17:05
Subject: Re: Another question about script
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 08:16:03 -0700
There is no option in the Admin client to suppress error messages. Some
alternatives:

1) Before running your current SELECT command, run a SELECT command with
the same criteria, but returning only a count of the number of records,
i.e.:

   dsmadmc -id=myadmin -pa=xxxxx -dataonly=yes select count(*) from
blah-blah-blah

If the count is 0 then you are done. Otherwise continue with your regular
script.

2) In your script, test the return code from dsmadmc. If it is nonzero,
assume there was some failure and that the output is most likely no good
and there is no point in processing the output. Otherwise continue running
the script.

3) modify your script to detect the ANR* and ANS* messages and ignore
them.

4) If using Windows is an option, consider using the ODBC driver with an
ODBC application (i.e. Lotus Approach, Microsoft Access, your own
homegrown tool, etc.) instead of trying to parse dsmadmc output.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
01/20/2004 01:36