ADSM-L

Re: Does change in copygroup destination require StorageAgent restart?

2004-01-20 07:30:41
Subject: Re: Does change in copygroup destination require StorageAgent restart?
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:51:37 +0100
Have a look at IC35801:

* USERS AFFECTED: All Tivoli Storage Manager users of          *
*                 versions 4.2 and 5.1.                        *
* PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: If a change/update is made to an        *
*                      existing policy for a storage pool      *
*                      and management class used for lanfree   *
*                      backups or archives, the storage        *
*                      agent will not recognize the change     *
*                      after the policy has been reactivated.  *
* RECOMMENDATION:                                              *
The problem was originally written against the documentation
lacking instrcuctions for this problem, however the solution
was to fix the problem in the product code.  This situation
will no longer be a problem in a future release.