ADSM-L

3590 FC

2004-01-15 20:24:05
Subject: 3590 FC
From: rh <rh_info_store AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:23:44 -0800
Hi ITSM'rs,

I apologize if this has been asked before. I'm not a
SAN engineer and find it very frustrating when trying
to navigate the many "support matrix" lists offered by
all the SAN switch vendors.

I currently have 14 3590E's connected to a Connectrix
E64M director using Adic Gateway 3000 switches. The
Adic switches have been very unreliable and I don't
think they are still sold/supported. I'm looking for a
replacement for the Adic switches. In particular I'd
like to know if anyone is using Mcdata 4500 Sphereon's
successfully with Connectrix in this kind of
configuration. I'm not certain but I believe the
Connectrix E64M is actually a Mcdata switch.

If anyone is using any kind of switch successfully in
a like configuration I'd like the particulars.

Thanks very much,
Rod Hroblak
ADP