ADSM-L

Deleting filespaces

2004-01-15 16:39:38
Subject: Deleting filespaces
From: "Troy L. Minter" <tminter AT SPARKS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:23:25 -0600
I have mutiple nodes that backup oracle databases with RMAN using the TDP
for oracle product. They all share the same rman catalog and backup to the
same filespace name. Recently one of the nodes was discontinued and the
database backups were not delete by rman before it was discontinued. FYI -
We can't get this node back. It I delete the filespaces that are assoicated
with this node will it only delete the filespaces that are assoicated with
this node or will it try to delete all filespaces under the filespace name.
The filespace name is the same on all nodes. TSMOB. Any help would be
appricated.

Troy L. Minter
AIX Systems Administrator
479-441-5830