ADSM-L

Exclude.dir statements

2004-01-13 15:34:27
Subject: Exclude.dir statements
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1 AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:34:02 -0600
I want to exclude some directories from being backed up so I can stop the
file backup failure notifications I get.  So I created the following server
client opt statement and assigned it to the options set of this client but
it doesn't appear to be working.  I don't set my client opts in the dsm.opt
files on each client I try to make them server defined client opts just to
have a central place to control things.

Here is the client option statement I am using but it doesn't appear to be
working because I keep getting messages about file backup failures for that
directory.  The drive it is trying to backup is a local drive so I don't now
why the UNC path is showing in the error log

Exclude.dir *:\...\logcaster\*

Here is the message I keep getting.

01/13/2004 01:38:41 ANS4037E File '\\uimcc21\c$\Program Files\LogCaster
CME\bin\service_watcher_home\PerfDB\000014\UIMCC21\2004\01\13.lpf' changed
during processing.  File skipped.

email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended
solely for the use of th individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
delete it and notify the sender or contact Health Information Management
312.413.4947.