ADSM-L

Using Sun dds4 drive with tsm

2004-01-12 16:36:31
Subject: Using Sun dds4 drive with tsm
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:36:06 -0500
Sun e3500 server running solaris 2.8, tsm server v5.1.6.2.

I have just installed a dds4 drive on this machine.

Using the Solaris st driver, I can successfully use tar, and mt with this drive.

I would like to use it for creating backup sets, but also have the use of it
with tar, ufsdump etc.

The eventual outcome of this plan is to create a bare metal restore plan for
the tsm server.

>From my reading of the tsm admin guide, it looks as if I must use the tivoli
>device driver instead of Solaris st.  Questions:

1.  Is this really the case?

2.  Anyone done a bare metal restore of a solaris based tsm server?

3.  If yes, please give a general overview.

Thanks for the help.  Just trying to get our site as prepared as possible.

Gary Lee
Senior Operating Systems Analyst
Ball State University
phone 765-285-1310