ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: Export / Import

2004-01-12 11:05:29
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: Export / Import
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:01:29 -0500
Rainer,

 Here is the export command that we ran for this NT server

 EXPORT NODE PHLHR FILES=* FILED=ALL TOS=AIXTSM-MAIN.

 It is my understanding that this should move all of this nodes data.

 When we move a W2K node I add the UNIFILES=* parameter.

 I did notice that my 4.2 server might be having an expiration issue. I
just updated the client option file to look back at the old server and I
noticed that there were 1 active and 9 inactive copies for some of the
backup data for this node. The management class should be 1 active and 4
inactive. We have not made any changes to OS/390 server in months. Now I'm
wondering if I have an expiration issue....

 YIKES, this like a stinking snowball rolling downhill....

 - Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Enterprise Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                      "Rainer Holzinger"
                      <Rainer.Holzinger@UPM-K        To:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      YMMENE.COM>                    cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist           Subject:  Antwort: Re:
Export / Import
                      Stor Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
                      01/12/2004 10:47 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Brian,

what exactly was the export command you entered?
Could it be that only active files have been exported/imported?
I don't know how inactive files are handled at export/import which have
been deleted from client. Are they exported?

regards, Rainer

                      Alexander
                      Verkooijen               An:
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      <alexander@SARA.         Kopie:
                      NL>                      Thema:   Re: Export / Import
                      Gesendet von:
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      T.EDU>

                      12.01.2004 16:41
                      Bitte antworten
                      an "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

You're right, I hadn't noticed that. The number of files
should have been the same.

Regards,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen