ADSM-L

Re: db snapshot to recover

2004-01-10 11:56:24
Subject: Re: db snapshot to recover
From: Joe Howell <jhowell_tsm AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:40:59 -0800
Sure - it works great.  My only caveat would be to make sure that your system
is quiesced before you take the snapshot to avoid "fuzziness".  There's a good
writeup on doing the recovery in the Administrator's Guide.

"Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT SLBG DOT COM> wrote:Can you use a db
snapshot to recover a database in a dr situation?
I can't think of why not but I would rather be safe then sorry.
Thanks!

Becky Davidson
Data Manager
EDS/Sara Lee Bakery Group