ADSM-L

Re: Backup of all-local -systemonject

2004-01-09 11:19:45
Subject: Re: Backup of all-local -systemonject
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:19:20 -0500
Hi Bill,

(You probably don't remember me, but I'm sure you've stumbled across some of
my old code there at some point...:>)

I don't think you can prevent the backup of the systemobject if the user
selects it.

But, if you don't want to store the data, you could bind the System Object
(via include.systemobject in a CLOPTSET) to a management class that trashes
it immediately.

I don't' think you can prevent them from overriding that include if they are
really determined, but it should cut out a lot of the copies from people
just playing with it.....

Hm... wonder what happens if you bind it to a management class with no
backup copy group?  ....something else to put on my to-test list...