ADSM-L

Re: client password expiration

2004-01-07 15:15:00
Subject: Re: client password expiration
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:06:21 -0600
I was experiencing the same thing, client's password suddenly don't work. As
if it expired although I don't specify an expiration and that field is also
blank. This has happened on about 60 to 70 percent of my clients.

In looking into this I found that a "q stat" showed "Password Expiration
Period: 540 Day(s)" which is where most of my clients are at. I always
assumed that this setting was for the admin password, but it is for both
clients and server.

>From "h q stat":

Password Expiration Period

     Specifies the period, in days, after which the administrator or client

     node password expires.

So from "h set passexp":

SET PASSEXP (Set Password Expiration Date)

Use this command to set the password expiration period for administrator and

client node passwords. You can set a common password expiration period for

all administrators and client node passwords or selectively set password

expiration periods.

Hope this helps.
Mark Bertrand