ADSM-L

Re: Storage Consolidation

2004-01-06 15:30:25
Subject: Re: Storage Consolidation
From: Patrick Boutilier <boutilpj AT EDNET.NS DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:29:59 -0400
""

help upd stgp

Among other things:

REClaim
     Specifies when the server reclaims a volume, based on the
percentage of
     reclaimable space on a volume. Reclamation makes the fragmented space
     on volumes usable again by moving any remaining unexpired files from
     one volume to another volume, thus making the original volume
available
     for reuse. This parameter is optional. You can specify an integer from
     1 to 100.

     Specify a value of 50 percent or greater for this parameter so that
     files stored on two volumes can be combined onto a single output
     volume.
     Note:
          This parameter is unavailable for storage pools with
          DATAFORMAT=NETAPPDUMP or DATAFORMAT=CELERRADUMP.

John Doe wrote:
I have nothing about the "rec" parameter!!!

"Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
01/06/2004 02:34 PM