ADSM-L

Move media question

2004-01-06 02:33:20
Subject: Move media question
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:32:05 +0200
Hi to all

I every month take offsite  cartridges and needed to keep them for 3 months
(total of 3 versions of the backup), I run a move media command:

   move media * stg=sca_drm wherestatus=full,filling
wherestate=mountableinlib ovflocation="OFFSITE" remove=bulk checklabel=no

When I move back the previous cartridges (expire after 3 months)  with the
command:

  move media * stg=sca_drm wherestatus=full,filling,empty days=7
wherestate=mountablenotinlib ovflocation=" "

I got from some cartridges that are not  expire and still have to be offsite
(notinlib)  this following statement:

   Volume 000003 was moved from mountablenotinlib state to checkin

(Vol 00000 has to change state only the next month …….)

When I run a query media I don't see anymore volume 000003 ( a query vol
still give me that 000003 belong to sca_drm).

I think that the solution will be with the parameter "DAYS" in the move
media command but I can quiet understand how ……. or maybe another approach.

Help will be very appreciate …..

T.I.A  Regards

Robert Ouzen
rouzen AT univ.haifa.ac. DOT il