ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading to 5.2.2

2004-01-05 10:09:38
Subject: Re: Upgrading to 5.2.2
From: Helen Tam <hht1 AT NYU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:14:08 -0500
Happy New Year Len,
     I need to upgrade itsm 4.2.1 to itsm 5.2 also.  My environment is AIX
5.1.  I thought I have to upgrade itsm to 5.1 first to handle the window
system objects problem.   So you don't need to do this first?
     Have you ever done a restore on the itsm database?   I need to write
up the procedure for our upgrade and the restore of the itsm database would
be needed if we have to roll back to 4.2.1.
     I tried to get info from itsm tech support but they say the support
is no longer available for upgrading 4.2 to 5.  They could only point me to
the readme and the quick start.
     Any insight on your upgrade experience is greatly appreciated.
                                                            Thanks, Helen

At 08:00 AM 1/2/2004 -0500, you wrote:
In article <sff48583.048 AT lutron DOT com>, David Benigni <dbenigni AT LUTRON DOT

says:

>I currently run a TSM 5.1.7.  And anyone had any problems going from
>5.1.x server to 5.2.2 server?
>
>Also, the current 5.1.x clients shouldn't have problems connecting to
>the 5.2.2 server correct?

Good Morning David

We did not go from 5.1 to 5.2, but we did go from 4.x to 5.2 without
problems. Before we did this upgrade, using info from itsm tech support,
we upgraded the level of 4.x to pick up a fix for the handling
of group objects such as the windows 2000 system-objects. I believe
that there is a matching magic level for 5.1.

And we have 5.1 clients connecting to the 5.2 server. In fact I just
had to add a client to an older nt4 system and discovered that
the lastest 5.2 client will not installon a windows nt4 system,
you have to use the 5.1 client.

Let us know how you make out.
len