ADSM-L

Re: AS400 brms client

2003-12-22 23:37:02
Subject: Re: AS400 brms client
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:32:34 -0600
TSM for Mail for OS/400 can perform hot backup of Domino databases.  It
also uses the api, similar to BRMS.  You don't need BRMS if you are only
backing up Domino on the AS/400, you just need TSM for Mail for OS/400 and
the api (comes on the TSM for Mail CD).

Think of it as 2 separate products/clients just like the other platforms:
BRMS via api to TSM - for filesystem equivalent backup (user libraries and
objects, etc.)
TSM for Mail for OS/400 via api to TSM - Hot Domino database and log
backups

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.compures.com

             "Prather, Wanda"
             <Wanda.Prather@JH
             UAPL.EDU>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: AS400 brms client

             12/22/2003 12:40
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

Um.  I'm clueless about the Domino part.
However, there is a redbook on that, too:  SG24-6937
(see Chapter 6, Backing up Domino with BRMS)