ADSM-L

Re: 3494

2003-12-22 11:32:16
Subject: Re: 3494
From: Leonard Lauria <leonard AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:59:27 -0500
Our experience with IBM's LTO solution has been very poor.

Latest in a long string of problems was the determination that the latest
drive microcode (gen 1) 36U7 (as well as several other versions) will, under
certain circumstances after a write error, rewind the tape and write a EOT
at BOT.  Tape is unmountable after that, and data can not be retrieved.

We back rev'd to 36U5 waiting for a new patch in a week.

leonard