ADSM-L

Re: tivoli problem

2003-12-22 07:36:09
Subject: Re: tivoli problem
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 07:35:48 -0500
>I am stuck here.
>these are the error messages what I get when I start tivoli.
>
>ANR1305I Disk volume /RAID/tivoli/backpool.dsm varied online.
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD06 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD07 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD14 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD18 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD19 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD21 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD20 access mode is "unavailable".
>ANR1412W Volume CDFD22 access mode is "unavailable".
>

>If I update the volume using update command as access as readwrite
>it is updating but still the problem exists.
>please help what and how to proceed to solve this problem.

See "UNAVailable" in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts
for basic information.
Basically, do the research: look back in your Activity Log for the records on
when they volumes turned that way and find the circumstances which caused it.
A gross cause is the volumes not being in the library, or being in the library
in such a manner that they cannot be served.

  Richard Sims, BU