ADSM-L

Re: no space in the server

2003-12-19 05:16:15
Subject: Re: no space in the server
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:00:49 -0000
You can use the update volume command to change the tape status from
unavailable to reado or readw, but you may find the tapes are damaged -
it depends on why TSM marked them as unavailable in the first place.

I would try updating the tapes to reado and using move data to move the
data from them, if you don't encounter any errors then let TSM try and
write to them, but monitor the actlog to see if they encounter errors
and tsm makes them unavailable again. If the initial move data fails due
to read errors, you may need to audit the volume and restore any lost
data from a copy pool.