ADSM-L

Re: Killing Job Gracefully

2003-12-18 09:00:39
Subject: Re: Killing Job Gracefully
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:00:19 -0500
>I'm running a TSM 5.2.1.2 Linux server with a few Linux clients.  Is there
>a way to kill incremental backup jobs on the Linux client gracefully?  If
>I ctrl-C I get a core dump and error messages. ...

The Ctrl+C you are doing is the documented, supported way of interrupting
dsmc.  That works fine in, um, commercial Unix systems.  If the Linux dsmc
abends, that's a defect, which is best reported to IBM - providing that
the Linux you are running 5.2 on is defined by TSM doc as compatible and
supported.

  Richard Sims, BU