ADSM-L

Re: 3583 Inventory Command

2003-12-15 08:52:32
Subject: Re: 3583 Inventory Command
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 06:53:21 -0700
Mike,

The unsupported TSM command

dsmadmc SHOW SLOTS <library_name> -id=admin -password=<password>

will normally show the slots, element numbers, and barcodes.  However, I've
notice that it sometimes shows barcodes and sometimes doesn't, just as the
lbtest utility.  I've never discovered what the difference is when it works.

Do you need to include volumes that aren't checked into TSM?  If not, Q
LIBVOL will show the barcode and home element number of each volume that is
checked into the library via TSM, although it doesn't show the slot number
or tapes that aren't yet checked in.

Bill Smoldt
STORServer, Inc.