ADSM-L

What happened to 6 months of archives???

2003-12-14 11:51:47
Subject: What happened to 6 months of archives???
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:51:14 -0800
Yesterday archives ran on some servers as they usually do. The management
class which used to be set for 6 month retention, was changed to 3 years,
about 5 days ago. This morning I see reported many of the archives show
failed from yesterday so I decided to check one server log I have access to.
This particular server previously been working fine, because it’s mine and I
monitor it, but yesterday reported a failure with this error:

12/13/2003 23:45:44 ANS1909E The scheduled command failed.

12/13/2003 23:45:44 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'CLIENT-MONTH' failed.  Return
code = 8.

12/13/2003 23:45:44 ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = 1148, errno =
10053, reason : 'An established connection was aborted by the software in
your host machine.'.

This morning I noticed that when I initially went in to view from a retrieve
perspective what was there, a process convert archive kicked off. Recently
this server was replaced and some drive letters combined on one larger one
but nothing else.

ANR4394I Audit with the archive table for CP-MIS-FIN01 completed (0).  The
description tables have 167251

directories and files, 0 object sets. Inserted: 167251 directories and
files, and 0 object sets.

ANR0911I Conversion for CP-MIS-FIN01 completed (successful).  The
description tables have 167251 directories

and files, 0 object sets.  Conversion inserted 167251 directories and files,
and 0 object sets.

ANR0985I Process 9101 for CONVERT ARCHIVE running in the BACKGROUND
completed with completion state SUCCESS

at 08:35:39.

TSM Server AIX 4.3.3 TSM 5.1.6.3

Client Win2K TSM 5.2.0.3

Can anyone explain the disappearance of the past 6 archives and tell me how
I might be able to locate them. They are pretty important files.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC