ADSM-L

Re: Windows Scripts

2003-12-14 10:48:04
Subject: Re: Windows Scripts
From: Steve Roder <spr AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:47:41 -0500
> On Friday 12 December 2003 01:11, Steve Roder wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >      Anyone know of a good repository of native win2k cmd scripts for
> > doing various TSM functions?  I am particularly interested in a script
> > that checks for full copypool volumes that are inside a library, issues
> > checkout commands (and does the reply), and updates the tapes' access to
> > offsite.
> >
> >      I have written this script in perl on AIX, but the Windows servers I
> > help out with do not have perl installed, so .cmd files is what I am
> > looking at for this.
>
> Why not just install perl on the Win2K servers? Then you could use your
> existing perl scripts on the Windows servers too.

This is what I have done.  Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

> Or, you could just run your existing script on AIX, but configure dsmadmc to
> access the Windows TSM server. This way you can still use perl, but don't
> even need to install it on the Windows servers.

This is eactly what I would have done, except that these windows servers
are for a different customer.  If this customer moves their OS/390 TSM
Server to AIX or Linux, then we would probably move this to the unix
platform.

> The thought of doing this in the Windows cmd "language" makes my head hurt...
> :)

yea, mine too!

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
HOD Service Coordinator
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
TSM/ADSM Administrator
UB DNS Team
(spr AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564)